Artichoke Soup Steals the Show
Sometimes, one of those forgotten recipes pops up in your mind as the perfect food. Well, that’s what happened when the Go Red For Women Luncheon came around this year…they said they wanted an inexpensive, quick soup to add to the menu so my 5 ingredient no-fuss Artichoke Soup from my EASIEST trim&TERRIFIC cookbook, KITCHEN 101, came to mind. It was one of those recipes I made a million times, years ago….and then truly forgot about it. When I say from blender to bowl, that truly is about it. Of course, you can heat the soup in the microwave. I would garnish the soup with some chopped green onions for added color and a little crunch.
Quick Artichoke Soup
If you need to whip up a soup, you probably have these ingredients in your home. When we served this simple artichoke soup for 500 people, everyone raved and raved and asked for the recipe!! I almost hated to admit how simple the soup was, however, my reputation is about easy, healthy recipes.
Artichoke Soup from KITCHEN 101
Throw all the ingredients in the blender, heat, and serve with a smile. Everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen to prepare this simple yet sensational soup.
3 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
3 (10 3/4-ounce) cans reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
1 cup skim milk
2 cups fat-free canned chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
Dash cayenne pepper
1. Place artichokes in food processor, purée. Add mushroom soup, milk, broth, white wine, and cayenne pepper. Blend until well combined.
2. Transfer to pot, and heat or heat in microwave.
Nutritional information per serving Calories 122, Protein (g) 5, Carbohydrate (g) 17, Fat (g) 3, Calories from Fat (%) 21, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 5, Sodium (mg) 1,201 Diabetic Exchanges: 0.5 starch, 1.5 vegetable, 0.5 fat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fabulous Meat Dip Recipe -Have You Made My Hearty, Easy Meaty Italian Dip? - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017
- Quick Chili Recipe – 10-Ingredient + 10 Minutes for BEST Meat Chili - January 16, 2017