Avocado Dip Recipes with a Healthy Surprise Ingredient!
So you want to make some avocado dip recipes for all of these football playoff games and Super Bowl parties but are trying to eat healthier. Not sure what foods to turn to that will please a crowd and your figure? If you’re like me, you keep hearing all of these good things about certain foods, but you can never remember quite what it was or where you read or heard it. I wanted to give you a reference guide on nutrient dense foods that you can count on as accurate, and you always know where it’s at… in the first chapter of Too Hot in the Kitchen. I thought I’d share some of this with you, hope you enjoy!
Delicious Super Bowl Party Dip with Healthy Benefits
Avocado: Did you know buttery, green avocados are considered a fruit – rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated (good) fat and one of the most nutrient-dense foods.
- Avocados are high in fiber, and ounce for ounce, top the chart among all fruits for folate, potassium, vitamin E, and magnesium.
- Rich in magnesium which is an essential nutrient for healthy bones.
- Avocados boost the same good health effects as olive oil.
Soy: This plant-based protein contains as much complete protein as meat, but much lower in fat – making it an excellent alternative in meatless meals.
- Soy is found in products like tofu, soy milk, and edamame – and help to prevent heart disease by lowering cholesterol.
- Fresh, canned dried, or frozen – soybeans, such as edamame, can easily be thrown into many meals – just think of them as the new green pea!
Avocado Dip recipes are a great way to get a good dose of the green… Avocado and Edamame that is!
Avocado Dip from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age (Foods To Improve Chapter)
Edamame adds crunch and sneaks in a nutritional boost combined with powerful flavors into one mouthful of avocado bliss.
Makes 8 (1/4 cup) servings
1 large avocado, (about 2/3 cup mashed)
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, thawed
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon jarred jalapenos
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In food processor, combine all ingredients, mixing until smooth. Serve immediately.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017
- Quick Chili Recipe – 10-Ingredient + 10 Minutes for BEST Meat Chili - January 16, 2017