Baked Brie Pecans Candied Topping is a KITCHEN 101 recipe!
Baked Brie pecans and brown sugar makes best baked Brie appetizer. My Candied Pecan Brie is one of those quick baked Brie recipes. Whenever I have company coming over and there’s no time to cook, this one of my go to recipes. With few ingredients and minimal preparation, I can whip up this show-stopper baked Brie cheese recipe up at last minute. My cookbook KITCHEN 101 (my easiest cookbook) has MENUS and this is from the Fancy Food Menu, but the recipes are still simple, just maybe a tad fancier. If you can get to a Costco or Sam’s Wholesale Club, you can find a Brie for the best price. However, I pick up the small rounds all the time at the grocery and sometimes have just used a big wedge. Any size makes a delicious baked Brie Pecans recipe.
Serving Suggestions with Baked Brie Appetizer
I usually serve the Brie cheese with gingersnaps or plain water cracker as you don’t want too much of a savory cracker. Use a cracker that complements it. I also love to garnish my baked Brie pecans with red and green grapes as the colored grapes complete the platter making this a showpiece recipe. One time I made a miniature loaf of cranberry bread and cut into pieces and toasted in the oven – divine with the Brie!
Looking for a baked Brie pecans appetizer recipe easy to make?
Simple Baked Brie with Candied Pecan Topping from KITCHEN 101
Makes 8 (1-ounce) servings
1 (8-ounce) round Brie cheese
1/4 cup pecans halves
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 325ºF.
2. Remove top rind of Brie. Place Brie in shallow baking dish.
3. In small skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook pecans, stirring about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla stirring, until brown sugar is melted and combined. Watch carefully, as cooks quickly. Top Brie with pecan mixture.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until Brie is soft. Let sit 5 minutes before serving (may heat in microwave).
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 139, Calories from Fat 66%, Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 28mg, Sodium 180mg, Carbohydrates 6g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 5g, Protein 6g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
Looking for more cheesy gluten-free appetizers? If you liked my baked Brie pecan candied Brie (my favorite baked Brie appetizer), look no further than my mouth-watering Chili Con Queso!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016