Banana Chocolate Chip Bread- Best Banana Chocolate Bread
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread recipe with sweet ripe banana flavor and rich chocolate taste makes the best chocolate bread recipe! Did you know that chocolate can be considered a health food?! Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and nutrients that are good for the body – helping reduce blood pressure, blood clots, and slowing the aging process! Banana Bread lovers will really enjoy putting these two favorites together: chocolate and banana! Cocoa turns the yummy banana bread recipe into a chocolate bread and dark chocolate chips give the bread a rich chocolate taste. The best of both worlds – what can be better!
Try My Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe For A Snack, Breakfast or Gift
This Banana Chocolate Chip Bread from my trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well To Fight Arthritis cookbook is an example of just that – healthy and delicious! I use cocoa to give the banana bread chocolate chip recipe that rich chocolate flavor without the fat. Then, with chocolate chips added, you have the best banana chocolate chip bread ever. A favorite of all ages, I like to make them in mini loaves and keep them in the freezer to pull out for a quick breakfast, snack or gift. If you like this bread wait until you try my Easy Banana Bread recipe made with Bisquick. Now, it truly doesn’t get any easier with
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well To Fight Arthritis
What can be better than a rich chocolate banana chip bread with chocolate chips — need I say more?
Makes 16 slices
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3-4 ripe bananas)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, beat oil, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, mixing well. Add bananas.
3. In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in flour mixture and milk; mixing only until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Transfer batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 206, Calories from Fat 37%, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 23mg, Sodium 117mg, Carbohydrates 30g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Total Sugars 17g, Protein 3g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Nutrition Nugget: A prime food for arthritis sufferers, bananas offer loads of important nutrients to help build collagen and beat inflammation such as vitamin C, B-6 and folate.
Check out more of my delicious healthy recipes.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month with Healthy Easy Recipes - September 27, 2016
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016