I had a blast whipping up my shrimp taco recipe and some of my favorite ‘Rush Hour Recipes’ on WAFB 9 News Noon show this week. With just a few ingredients and 30 minutes you can really put a healthy meal on the table fast! The classic flavor combination of the BBQ Shrimp Shrimp Tacos from my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook, is hard to beat and will surely soon be a family favorite. This is my go-to recipe as I always keep shrimp in my freezer. My shrimp guy comes in a pickup truck with an ice chest of fresh shrimp-he knows to stop by regularly. Use corn tortillas to make this recipe gluten free. And you will want to keep the pantry friendly ingredients of Marvelous Marinara Sauce on hand at all times for a simple yet superb family dinner is a flash!
BBQ Shrimp Tacos from KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Two of my favorites, BBQ shrimp and tacos, in one marvelous recipe.
Makes 4 servings
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped red onion
Salt and pepper to taste
4 flour tortillas, warmed
1. In bowl or resealable plastic bag, coat shrimp with olive oil. Add all ingredients except tomatoes, onion, and tortillas. Marinate 1-2 hours, time permitting.
2. In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, add shrimp (discarding extra marinade). Sauté shrimp until done.
3. In small bowl, combine tomatoes and onion. Season to taste. Make tacos with tortillas, shrimp, and tomato mixture.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 228, Calories from Fat 22%, Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 143mg, Sodium 662mg, Carbohydrates 24g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Total Sugars 6g, Protein 19g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Peeled shrimp may be bought fresh or frozen. If frozen, defrost first. Garnish with avocado.
Check out more fast, healthy Rush Hour Recipes.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016