Best Fish Taco Recipe-an easy seafood dinner
Don’t have time to cook and looking for a delicious meatless meal? Here’s the best Fish Taco Recipe -one of my very favorite ingredients is seafood, always keeping various types – salmon, shrimp, tilapia in the freezer for quick, go-to meals. With Lenten season upon us, what better time to spotlight this mouth-watering fish taco recipe, Fish Tacos with Southwestern Cole Slaw from my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence . With only 140-200 calories and very little fat and sodium in 4 ounces – fish is always a lean heart-healthy choice, and you will be amazed that this dish is diabetic-friendly! Jarred jalapeno may be used, adjusted to preference, or left out. What a great fresh recipe to check out for the novice or busy cook – I cannot wait for you to try!
Easy & Best Fish Taco Recipe + Southwestern cole slaw perfectly complements the recipe
Now, one of my favorite components of this fish taco recipe is the southwestern cole slaw. Buy cole slaw in a bag and just mix in the canned corn, jalapenos and fresh tomatoes and green onions. Most of the saturated fat in cole slaw is in the dressing so you will be amazed how great the combination of Greek yogurt and a touch of mayonnaise are the perfect mix and so much better for you. I think Greek yogurt really makes a difference and is a rich substitute for sour cream. You will love this cole slaw recipe served separately as well. And, yes, I had to include aavocadoas you know that’s my favorite. Enjoy this simple but sensational fish taco recipe!
Here’s my Best Fish Taco Recipe: Fish Tacos with Southwestern Cole Slaw from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Spicy fish and fabulous cool cole slaw — easy and perfect pairing.
Makes 6 fish tacos
1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets (or fish of choice)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
6 flour tortillas (or corn tortillas)
Southwestern Cole slaw (recipe follows)
1. Preheat broiler. Season fish with chili powder and season to taste. Broil 4-6 minutes per 1/2–inch thickness or until fish flakes with fork. Fish may be grilled or pan sautéed also.
2. Fill each tortilla with fish and Southwestern Cole Slaw (see recipe).
3. Warm tortillas according to package directions or heat in microwave about 30 seconds covered with damp paper towel. Serve with cole slaw or condiments of choice
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 209, Calories from Fat 19%, Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 57mg, Sodium 353mg, Carbohydrates 16g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 1g, Protein 26g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat
Southwestern Cole Slaw
Serve extra slaw with burgers.
Makes 12 (1/2 cup) servings
1 (10-ounce) bag angel hair or classic cole slaw (about 5 cups)
1 cup chopped green onions
2-3 tablespoons chopped jalapeños (found in jar)
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 (11-ounce) can Mexican style corn, drained
3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 avocado, chopped and drizzled with lime juice
1. In large bowl, combine cole slaw, green onions, jalapeños, tomatoes, and corn.
2. In small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Toss with slaw. Season to taste and fold in avocados.
Nutritional info per serving
Calories 76, Calories from Fat 35%, Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 173mg, Carbohydrates 10g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Total Sugars 4g, Protein 3g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
If you think this was the best fish taco recipe, you’ll love all my Blackened Fish from the Fix It Fast Chapter in KITCHEN 101. SHOP on my website with discount code KIT25 for 25% off!
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016