Make-Ahead Brunch Recipes Freeze For Perfect Southern Brunch!
Brunch is one of my favorite meals and especially my make ahead brunch recipes. All my kids are in town and on Christmas day I prepare a southern brunch. Choosing a brunch recipe I can prep the night or day before is crucial and then I can enjoy all of the holiday morning fun. I also believe in eating healthy so you can enjoy my healthy brunch recipes! Louisiana Shrimp and Cheese Grits is one of my most requested recipes and this one-dish breakfast everyone loves, whether they are from the south or not. Saute’ the mushrooms with the shrimp to add an earthy flavor and try the recipe with our delectable Louisiana crawfish for an out of this world Crawfish and Cheese Grits dish.
Shrimp and Cheese Grits – Favorite Make Ahead Brunch Recipes for Christmas Day
It’s a good think I have easy brunch recipes and the recipe can be doubled to serve a crowd. One of my fondest memories is when my daughter was a debutante. and I had 30 kids staying at my house. I wanted to prepare a southern brunch and I used 5-7 pounds of shrimp to feed everyone. They ate it all. The Shrimp and Cheese Grits recipe also makes a wonderful dinner! For more healthy easy recipes southern style, look in my cookbook, Gulf Coast Favorites! These recipes make a great healthy brunch.
My Easy Brunch Recipes for Shrimp or Crawfish and Cheese Grits from Gulf Coast Favorites
Easy to prepare crawfish or shrimp with cheesy seasoned grits and ham is an easy fulfilling breakfast and southern brunch. The crawfish and shrimp may be omitted.
Makes 4-6 servings
1 cup quick grits
3 cups water
1/2 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Dash cayenne pepper
1/3 cup diced Canadian bacon
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled or Louisianan Crawfish
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. Cook grits in water and milk according to package instructions. When grits are ready, stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and cayenne. Stir until cheese is melted.
2. Coat large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add Canadian bacon and sauté until it begins to brown. Next, add shrimp and garlic and cook, stirring, until shrimp are fully pink and almost done, 3-5 minutes. Add lemon juice.
3. Remove from heat and stir in grits mixture. Season to taste and add green onions..
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F Coat 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer grits and shrimp mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. . Bake for 30 minutes, covered, or until heated through.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 268, Protein (g) 26, Carbohydrate (g) 23, Fat (g) 7, Calories from Fat (%) 25, Saturated Fat (g) 4, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 134, Sodium (mg) 470, Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1.5 starch
More Christmas Day southern brunch delicious make ahead brunch recipes:
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- 50 Shades of Red: Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes - January 23, 2017
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017