Make-Ahead Brunch Recipes Freeze For Perfect Southern Brunch!
I LOVE brunch!! Brunch is one of my favorite meals and especially my easy make ahead brunch recipes. Whenever all my kids are in town, I prepare a southern brunch with my easy brunch recpes. Shrimp and Grits from my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook makes such a wonderful make ahead breakfast recipe. Choosing a brunch recipe I can prep the night or day before is crucial. Then, I can enjoy all of the holiday morning fun. I also believe in eating healthy so you can enjoy my healthy brunch recipes! Louisiana Shrimp and Cheese Grits, one of my most requested healthy easy recipes, is a one-dish breakfast casserole everyone loves. Whether you’re from the south or not! Try the recipe with our delectable Louisiana crawfish for an out of this world Crawfish and Cheese Grits dish.
Shrimp and Cheese Grits – Favorite Make Ahead Brunch Recipes for Easter Brunch
It’s a good think I have easy brunch recipes and the recipe can be doubled to serve a crowd. One of my fondest memories is when my daughter was a debutante. and I had 30 kids staying at my house. I wanted to prepare a southern brunch and I used 5-7 pounds of shrimp to feed everyone. They ate it all. The Shrimp and Cheese Grits recipe also makes a wonderful dinner! For more healthy easy recipes southern style, look in my cookbook, Gulf Coast Favorites! These recipes make a great healthy brunch.
HURRY: GET MY HEALTHY EASY COOKBOOK WITH EVERYDAY RECIPES
Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age – 200 Simple and Sassy RecipesHolly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 easy recipes from my Louisiana KitchenHolly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC EATING WELL TO FIGHT ARTHRITIS: 200 easy recipes and practical tips to help REDUCE INFLAMMATION and EASE SYMPTOMSEating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Tips to Guide you Through Treatment and Cancer Prevention
My Easy Brunch Recipes for Shrimp and Grits from Gulf Coast Favorites (Try Louisiana crawfish)
Easy to prepare crawfish or shrimp with cheesy seasoned grits and ham is an easy fulfilling breakfast and southern brunch. Love this family favorite for Easter Brunch.
Makes 4-6 servings
1 cup quick grits
3 cups water
1/2 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Dash cayenne pepper
1/3 cup diced Canadian bacon
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled or Louisianan Crawfish
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. Cook grits in water and milk according to package instructions. When grits are ready, stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and cayenne and stir until cheese is melted.
2. Coat large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add Canadian bacon and sauté until it begins to brown. Next, add shrimp and garlic and cook, stirring, until shrimp are fully pink and almost done, 3-5 minutes. Add lemon juice.
3. Remove from heat and stir in grits mixture. Season to taste and add green onions..
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F Coat 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer grits and shrimp mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and bake 30 minutes, covered, or until heated through.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 268, Protein (g) 26, Carbohydrate (g) 23, Fat (g) 7, Calories from Fat (%) 25, Saturated Fat (g) 4, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 134, Sodium (mg) 470, Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1.5 starch
More Easy Make Ahead Brunch Recipes for Easter
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Top 3 Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes with BEST Margarita Shrimp Recipe - April 27, 2017
- Easy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe For BEST Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken Breasts - April 24, 2017
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe with Shortcuts Tastes Like Rich Moist Cake - April 22, 2017