Best Rotisserie Chicken Recipe Perfect When Extra Guests Pop In
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal that will feed and please a crowd of extra houseguests then look no further than the best rotisserie chicken recipe – Pulled Chicken. The holidays are famous for having unexpected houseguests drop in or extra family stay over and you may find yourself scrambling to feed them. Rotisserie chicken is one of my all-time favorite time-saving tips, in fact I made a whole chapter of Rapid Rotisserie Chicken Recipes in my KITCHEN 101 cookbook. During the holiday season use that leftover turkey in place of chicken to turn it into a new quick, easy and healthy recipe.
Best Rotisserie Chicken Recipe is Easy Pulled Chicken
Forget barbecue when you can instantly whip up this simple and best rotisserie chicken recipe.
Pulled Chicken from KITCHEN 101 cookbook
Makes 4 (3/4-cup) servings
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup chili sauce
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cocoa
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 cups shredded skinless rotisserie chicken breast
1. In nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion until tender. Add remaining ingredients except chicken, stirring. Cook about 7 minutes.
2. Add chicken and continue cooking until well heated.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 170, Calories from Fat 14%, Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 63mg, Sodium 821mg, Carbohydrates 16g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 11g, Protein 21g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Chili sauce is found where ketchup is in the grocery. If you want to substitute ketchup for chili sauce, add 1 teaspoon chili powder to ketchup.
Serving option: Serve the best rotisserie chicken recipe as sandwiches, sliders or as an entrée.
Find more healthy easy recipes on my blog.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Oscar Party Food Recipes To Watch Academy Awards with Winning Easy Menu - February 24, 2017
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017