Must Try Dinner Tonight Easy and Best Salmon Recipe
This is the best salmon recipe and it’s from my Eating Helathy Chapter of Eating Well Through Cancer cookbook. Studies show that by eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acid, such as salmon, tuna, and trout, twice per week you can reduce your risk of heart disease and inflammation, which helps with joint pain. Eating healthy is important for nutrition and prevention. Not only is salmon rich in omega-3 fatty acids, it is also an excellent source of bone maintaining vitamin D and selenium – helping prevent oxidative stress and inflammation. My Glazed Salmon dish is also diabetic friendly!
No Intimidation with This Easy Recipe
If you have never tried salmon or salmon intimidates you, you must try my most POPULAR Glazed Salmon recipe. People who have never had or prepared salmon LOVE this recipe. I think my glazed salmon recipe will become one of your go to easy seafood dinners year round. This recipe can be a last minute meal that will impress everyone. Don’t be intimidated by salmon, as this delicious meal takes only minutes to prepare – and to disappear from the plate.
Glazed Salmon from Holly Clegg’s Eating Well Through Cancer cookbook
Here’s’ my #1 easy five ingredient and best salmon recipe (went viral on YouTube!!); rumor is this is the best salmon ever!
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes + time to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillet
1. In small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lime juice, and mustard. Marinate salmon in sauce in refrigerator several hours, or time permitted (Do not discard marinade).
2. In nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook salmon on each side, 3-5 minutes, until golden brown, crispy, and just cooked through. Transfer salmon to platter.
3. Add remaining honey glaze to skillet, and simmer, stirring, until mixture comes to boil. Return salmon to pan, heat thoroughly, and serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 297, Calories from Fat 24%, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 403mg, Carbohydrates 20g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 19g, Protein 36g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 5 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Whenever I need to marinate anything, I always use a plastic bag for easy cleanup.
Nutrition Nugget: This best salmon recipe is an excellent source of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins as well as vitamins A, D and E.
Find more recipes when going through cancer on my blog.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes -What To Make with Fresh Cranberries? - December 3, 2016
- Recipes Using Spice Cake Mix – BEST EVER Easy Yam Chocolate Spice Bars - December 2, 2016
- Mango Chutney Spread Recipe -6 Ingredient Sweet, Spicy & Salty Dip - December 1, 2016