Best Bisquick Coffee Cake Recipe – Sweet Potato Favorites
Bisquick coffee cake recipe that will wow you is my Yummy Yam Praline Coffee cake. Made with Bisquick and a simple dough, this sinfully delicious treat freezes well and makes a wonderful breakfast, dessert or snack. I usually keep these ingredients in my pantry to whip up this recipe whenever I need to impress someone with a morning or mid-day treat. This best coffee cake recipe is from my Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. Simple to make, with one bite you will agree that there’s nothing as good as this Bisquick coffee cake recipe. I remember the first time I made the Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake my kids said, “Mom, this looks like the kind of coffee cake you buy in the grocery!” For once, my kids were impressed! With that reaction, I said this is my best coffee Cake recipe!! With the praline topping and cranberries and yam sweet dough, OMG is this delicious.
Well, a true yam actually is a tuber grown in the tropics, and a true sweet potato is an enlarged root of the sweet potato plant that is starchy when harvested but becomes sweeter after storage. In the 1930’s, as Louisiana sweet potatoes were shipped to the eastern states, the consumer recognized that Louisiana sweet potatoes were moist, sweet and soft when baked. Thus, “Louisiana Yams” (yam comes from African word “nyami” means “to eat”) became the trademark of the Louisiana sweet potato distinguishing them as the sweetest and most moist variety.
Forget willpower with this sweet potato recipe!!!!
This is one of my favorite Louisiana yam recipes This melt-in-your mouth Bisquick coffee cake recipe with yams, cranberries and pecans I honestly have no willpower–natural sweetness of yams, tart cranberries and a toasty pecan praline topping. Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. Remember, any sweet potato recipe may be made with canned or fresh cooked sweet potatoes.
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes (yams) drained and mashed equals 1 cup.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cooked equals 1 cup mashed
- If a recipe calls for canned sweet potatoes, fresh cooked sweet potatoes may be used.
- Bake sweet potatoes, wrap well, and freeze to pull out for a quick dinner side.
- Sweet potatoes (yams) should not be refrigerated unless cooked.
- Look for Louisiana yams in your grocery!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes -What To Make with Fresh Cranberries? - December 3, 2016
- Recipes Using Spice Cake Mix – BEST EVER Easy Yam Chocolate Spice Bars - December 2, 2016
- Mango Chutney Spread Recipe -6 Ingredient Sweet, Spicy & Salty Dip - December 1, 2016