Chicken Fajita Pizza Recipe-The Best!
It’s that time of year again – the familiar story of made, then broken New Year’s resolutions. Everywhere you look diets are telling you what not to eat. But when you stick with me you will find that you don’t have to give up anything! I am not giving up my favorite foods, so I certainly don’t expect you too. Pizza, burgers, fries, and cheesecake, you can have it all because I trim the recipes down, while keeping them terrific. My go-to trim&TERRIFIC “D.I.E.T.” goes back to portion control – “Don’t Ingest Everything Today!” So, if you don’t have time to cook, and want a healthier lifestyle, my “D.I.E.T.” philosophy is the way to go – trim&TERRIFIC to start the year and all year long!!! You’ll love this simple recipe chicken fajita pizza!
Chicken Fajita Pizza: from KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Kids and adults come running when you say pizza and this super easy pizza will have them thinking you are a gourmet cook…but your secret is safe with me!
– Quick and easy, simply pick up a can of refrigerated pizza dough & Rotisserie chicken from the supermarket
– When you eat with color you eat with nutrition and this dish has a great assortment of my favorite fresh veggies and herbs – feel free to add your family’s favorites.
If you need a new pizza pan, I like this AirBake Nonstick Pizza Pan
Here’s a great pizza pan I like –
Chicken Fajita Pizza from KITCHEN 101 cookbook
Fajita and pizza together in one recipe can only mean instantaneous deliciousness.
Makes 8 servings
2 cups shredded skinless, rotisserie chicken breast
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced into strips
1 (10-13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
2/3 cup picante sauce
1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
1. Preheat oven 425° F. degrees. Coat pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, combine chicken with chili powder; set aside. In large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and green pepper, cooking until crisp tender.
3. Unroll dough and place in pan; starting at center, press out with hands. Bake 6 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and spoon chicken and onion mixture over partially baked crust. Spoon picante sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake 10-12 minutes.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 219, Calories from Fat 26%, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 41mg, Sodium 546mg, Carbohydrates 21g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 4g, Protein 19g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Enter discount code KIT25 for 25% off the cookbook!!
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016