Chili Con Queso Recipe -Best Queso Dip
I can give you a healthy easy recipe for everyone’s #1 favorite delicious cheese dip and it is my Chili Con Queso recipe! Most of the time when you think of queso, you usually think of Velveeta cheeese. I created an amazing cheesy, creamy queso that goes with healthy cooking and My healthier version of this southwestern favorite cheese dip is from my EASIEST cookbook, KITCHEN 101. My delicious queso dip is better for you, easy to make and you don’t even use Velveeta. I use light Velveeta in some dip recipes but this queso recipe rocks without it. I have also found shredded queso cheese and substiuted it for Cheddar in the queso.
Yes, My Queso Recipe is Gluten-free
My Chili Con Queso recipe is even GLUTEN FREE! Everyone always looks for gluten-free recipes and I am excited to share my fabulous healthy queso dip on my healthy food blog.
Fondue is Back!
I think an easy and fun way to serve the Chili Con Queso recipe is an a fondue pot. The dip keeps hot and you can forget about it. I really like this electric Cuisinart Fondue Maker because this fondue pot includes an adjustable heat. Also, a fondue maker makes a nice serving piece and keeps the dip warm. A fondue pot is a great way to keep a dip warm and don’t forgot about using one!
Chile Con Queso Recipe from KITCHEN 101
Everyone’s all-time favorite Mexican dip! Whip up this simple and sensational southwestern dip in minutes! Serve heated with chips. Milk may be substituted for beer and it will work fine.
Makes 12 (1/4 cup) servings
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup light beer
1 1/4 cups skim milk, divided
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1. In large nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic until onion is tender.
2. Add beer and cook until reduced slightly, about 1 minute. Add 1 cup milk and heat until mixture almost is boiling.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch and add to pot. Cook, stirring, until bubbling and thickened. Reduce heat, add remaining ingredients and stir until cheese is melted.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 64, Calories from Fat 31%, Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 196mg, Carbohydrates 6g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 2g, Protein 5g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
Another “MUST MAKE” hearty queso dip is my mouth-watering Cheesy Burger Dip and this dip appeals to all ages too!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Best Chicken Breast Recipe – Spicy Glazed Chicken - March 28, 2017
- March Madness Recipes with Glen Big Baby Davis – Healthy Hamburger Dip - March 27, 2017
- Multiple Myeloma Cancer Diet -What Is Multiple Myeloma and What to Eat? - March 27, 2017