Chili Con Queso Recipe -Best Queso Dip
OK, I heard about the Velveeta shortage awhile ago but it will not affect me as I just coincidentally made my Chili Con Queso recipe. This dip is from my EASIEST cookbook, KITCHEN 101, Sunday night for neighbors. My delicious queso dip is better for you, easy to make and you don’t even have to stress about finding Velveeta. I do use the light Velveeta in some recipes and my only complaint is I can only find it in a big block. So, all those who don’t want to forgo Velveeta, here’s an option. I have also found shredded Queso cheese and used it in the recipe instead of Cheddar. And, my Chili Con Queso recipe is even GLUTEN FREE (And really impressed, as Velveeta is in spell check so shows how many people rely on it). I have used Swiss Diamond cookware which I LOVE in this recipe as a cheesy dip can be hard to clean but this cookware is easy clean up and nonstick to cook healthier. You have probably seen me use the cookware on TV before.
Fondue is Back!
One way that’s easy and fun to serve the Chili Con Queso recipe is an a fondue pot. That way you can keep the dip hot and forget about it. I really like this electric Cuisinart Fondue Maker as it has adjustable heat and makes a really nice serving piece. A fondue pot is a great way to keep a dip warm!
Chile Con Queso Recipe from KITCHEN 101
Everyone’s all-time favorite Mexican dip now can be made simply and sensationally in a moment’s notice. Serve heated with chips.
Makes 12 (1/4 cup) servings
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup light beer
1 1/4 cups skim milk, divided
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1. In large nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic until onion is tender.
2. Add beer and cook until reduced slightly, about 1 minute. Add 1 cup milk and heat until almost boiling.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch. Add to pot, and cook, stirring, until bubbling and thickened. Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients, stirring until cheese is melted.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 64, Calories from Fat 31%, Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 196mg, Carbohydrates 6g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 2g, Protein 5g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
Another “MUST MAKE” hearty queso dip that appeals to all ages is my mouth-watering Cheesy Burger Dip!
Sign up for my FREE Monthly Menu Newsletter for the latest and greatest recipes & tips!
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016