Easy Recipes for First Kitchen: KITCHEN 101
Graduation is stressful but so is being on your own to cook! So you just graduated, now what? Graduation and moving out the nest with your first apartment can be a very exciting yet overwhelming time. Don’t let the kitchen be a reason to stress as that’s why I wrote trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence —your answer to all things food, helping you stock your pantry, and cook your favorite meals healthy and easy! A great college cookbook!
How I got the idea for KITCHEN 101
I was sitting on a plane next to a young man who told me he wished he had a cookbook for “movin’ on” I decided that would be my next book to help people in their first kitchen whether graduation, marriage, divorce or you just need easy recipes as you don’t like to cook or you’re too busy! Could be a college cookbook for your first kitchen or just to give you ideas, tips and easy recipes to get you cooking
College Cookbook, First Cookbook of just in need of easy recipes for your busy life!
This will be your go-to book for simple dishes that feed and please – no need for unhealthy dining out! Forget Chinese take-out when you can easily impress with yummy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry – and who needs the delivery guy when and fast and savory Chicken Fajita Pizza is just a few ingredients away – and happens to be good for you!
With everything you need to know about tackling the kitchen, from healthy delicious recipes to all you need to whip them up – this cookbook as a college cookbook or FIRST cookbook, KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence is a must have for the proud graduate this season or the person too busy to cook! Check out my easy healthy college recipes to help you cook easily and healthier!
Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets To Cooking Confidence No need for Chinese take-out when you can whip up this quick and tasty stir-fry. Serve with rice.
Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2 tablespoons plus 1 cup fat-free chicken broth, divided
1 pound flank steak, trimmed of fat and cut into strips (sirloin or round steak may be used)
1 onion, coarsely chopped
4 cups broccoli florets
1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1. In glass dish or plastic bag, combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons chicken broth. Add sliced meat and marinate in refrigerator, covered, 1 hour, time permitting.
2. In large shallow skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, stir-fry meat few minutes until browned. Add onion, broccoli, and pepper cooking over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until tender.
3. In small bowl mix together remaining 1 cup chicken broth and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Add to skillet; bring to boil, stirring, until mixture slightly thickens and meat done.
4. Stir in green onions and water chestnuts.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 272, Calories from Fat 23%, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 48mg, Sodium 540mg, Carbohydrates 25g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Total Sugars 11g, Protein 28g, Dietary Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes -What To Make with Fresh Cranberries? - December 3, 2016
- Recipes Using Spice Cake Mix – BEST EVER Easy Yam Chocolate Spice Bars - December 2, 2016
- Mango Chutney Spread Recipe -6 Ingredient Sweet, Spicy & Salty Dip - December 1, 2016