I bet you wouldn’t think that pancakes could be a super quick and healthy breakfast. These delicious Oatmeal Pancakes are loaded with fiber and great taste so are the perfect start to your day from my EASY, mainstream diabetic cookbook. Whenever I prepare these I make sure to make enough for leftovers, as I keep them in the freezer and pop them in the microwave for a quick breakfast or even snack! Kids love these and will even want to help you make them…add fun toppings such as fruit, powdered sugar, peanut butter, jam, or syrup. Can even make a pancake sandwich with your favorite topping for an on-the-go meal! Check out more of my easy diabetic recipes
Oatmeal Pancakes from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Diabetic Cooking Cookbook
The whole-wheat flour boosts the fiber, and adds a nutty flavor to these fantastic pancakes.
16 pancakes/serving size: 1 pancake
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
2 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 egg whites
3 tablespoon light brown sugar or sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. In large bowl, combine oatmeal and buttermilk, let stand 2 minutes. Beat in oil, egg, egg whites, sugar, vanilla.
2. In small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda. Add dry ingredients to oatmeal, stirring only until combined.
3. In nonstick large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat over medium heat. Using 1/4 c batter per pancake, cook pancakes 1-2 minutes on each side or lightly browned.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 94, Calories from fat (%) 18, Fat (g) 2, Saturated Fat (g) 0, Cholesterol (mg) 14, Sodium (mg) 149, Carbohydrate (g) 16, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Sugars (g) 4, Protein (g) 4, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Cancer Prevention Month: Have you had a colonoscopy? - February 10, 2016
- Easy Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing-Valentine’s Day TREAT - February 9, 2016
- Mini Muffalettas – New Orleans Style Slider! - February 8, 2016