One of my favorite dips for years, and in fact, I used it for catering. Of course, in my Gulf Coast cookbook, it’s simple to put together and extras (if you have any) is great served over rice for the next day’s dinner. I love crawfish season to be able to purchase Louisiana crawfish tails at a good price. If you’re looking for a good way to enjoy Louisiana crawfish, this simple to make dip is the way to go. This deliciously zesty crawfish dip is an amazingly diverse recipe that may be used as a casual dip or served over rice for flavor filled meal. With a light tomato white sauce and a touch of heat, this dynamic dip is the perfect crowd pleaser.
Crawfish Dip from trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
Makes 16 (1/4-cup) servings
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter and olive oil, sauté onion until tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic and flour into mixture, stirring 1 minute. Gradually add tomatoes and green chilies and milk, mixing well.
2. Bring mixture to boil. Lower heat, stirring 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add crawfish and green onions, stirring until heated.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 69, Calories from fat (%) 34, Fat (g) 3, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 43, Sodium (mg) 122, Carbohydrate (g) 5, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 2, Protein (g) 6, Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Be sure to look for Louisiana crawfish!
Check out my website for more healthy delicious southern recipes.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Stove Top Wild Rice Side When Out of Oven Space - November 15, 2015
- Easy Stuffed Artichoke Casserole + My Top Make-Ahead Healthy Thanksgiving Menu - November 11, 2015
- BEST Thanksgiving Recipes, Time-SavingTips & Menu - November 10, 2015