One thing comes to mind when it comes to St. Patrick’s Day – Green! I love to serve green foods on the March 17th holiday, and the Frozen Pistachio Pie is a fun and delicious way to eat green!
Decorating is a snap too – now that Mardi Gras has passed, just separate out all of those green beads and fill up various sizes of glass containers for a festive centerpiece.
Frozen Pistachio Pie from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook
This pie, laced with nuts in a chocolate crust and topped with hot fudge, is refreshingly indulgent.
Makes 8 servings
1 1/2 cup crushed chocolate graham crackers
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pistachios or cashews
1 quart fat free vanilla ice cream or yogurt, softened
1 (4-serving) instant pistachio flavored pudding and pie filling
1/2 cup chocolate fat free fudge topping, warmed
1. Preheat oven 375°F.
2. In 9-inch pie plate, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter, press on bottom and up sides. Bake 8 – 10 minutes. Cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, quickly combine the pistachios, ice cream, and pudding until well mixed. Transfer mixture into cooled crust. Freeze, covered for at least 4 hours or until firm. Serve with warmed chocolate fudge topping on each slice.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 339, Protein (g) 6, Carbohydrate (g) 63, Fat (g) 8, Calories from Fat (%) 21, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 11, Sodium (mg) 441, Diabetic Exchanges: 4 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Check out more of Holly’s easy healthy desserts.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Cancer Prevention Month: Have you had a colonoscopy? - February 10, 2016
- Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe Turns into a Trifle for Valentine’s Day - February 9, 2016
- Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Chocolate Candy - February 8, 2016