Looking for a great summer dessert taking advantage of the my favorite, berries? Be the queen of the kitchen with this delectable Berry Good Oatmeal Cookie Cake from my easy book, Too Hot in the Kitchen. Think of this as a giant oatmeal cookie topped with the almond fruity cream cheese filling decorated with a luscious red and blue berry combination. Oatmeal crust, with sweet cream cheese filling, berries and the apricot glaze make this dessert not only picture perfect, but absolutely out of this world. And for the perfect savory dish, Asian Sliders with Pineapple Salsa are a must. I made this last week while filming TV and forgot how good they are! Make miniature and place on small rolls for a pick-up or can make large enough for a regular size bun – either way, paired with the Pineapple Salsa,-they are mouth-watering! Can make burgers earlier in the day, refrigerate, and cook when ready to serve. Great served at room temperature. Check out more of my easy healthy summer recipes
Berry Good Oatmeal Cookie Cake from Too Hot in the kitchen cookbook
A best ever luscious cookie cake picture perfect and perfect tasting.
Makes 12-16 servings
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup apricot preserves, divided
2 cups raspberries
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 cup blueberries 1 tablespoon orange juice
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 12-14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and oatmeal. Add melted butter, vanilla, and egg, mixing well.
3. Press onto prepared pan, keeping dough 1-inch from edge of pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Don’t over bake. Cool.
4. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, confectioners sugar, almond extract, and 1/4 cup apricot preserves until creamy. Spread on cooled crust and arrange fruit in design on pizza.
5. In microwave-safe dish, heat remaining 1/4 cup apricot preserves and orange juice, just until melted. Spoon glaze over fruit. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 220 Calories from fat 36% Fat 9g Saturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 36mg Sodium 172mg Carbohydrate 32g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 17g Protein 4g Dietary Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Check out my easy, healthy summer recipes