This Thanksgiving try this fabulous Oatmeal Pecan Pie
With Thanksgiving around the corner, pies become more popular than ever. I know it’s hard, but try to keep in mind healthy eating this holiday season. Start by making my yummy Oatmeal Pecan Pie, easy and trim & terrific version. Why not sneak a few healthier recipes in and especially the family won’t be able to tell a difference because there’s no sacrifice in flavor! With rich pecan filling, hint of oatmeal, and store bought pie crust, you can easily whip up my , mouthwatering Oatmeal Pecan Pie from Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook. Honestly, this is probably my personal favorite dessert, or one of them for sure because I love oatmeal cookies and pecan pie; with this recipe you get both!!
Oatmeal Pecan Pie + Holiday discount!!!
LIMITED TIME: Go to SHOP and at check-out enter Discount Code HOLIDAY! Start your holiday shopping!
Oatmeal Pecan Pie from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Makes 8 – 10 servings
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
1. Preheat oven 325°F.
2. In bowl, whisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Stir in oatmeal and pecans. Pour into pie shell. Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 272, Calories from Fat 40%, Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 139mg, Carbohydrates 39g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 16g, Protein 3g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 fat
Terrific Tip: If using refrigerated pie crust, coat the pie plate with nonstick cooking spray first to easily remove pieces. Pecan pie and oatmeal partner together for a melt-in-your-mouth divine pie. Crave chocolate, add about 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- BEST Mediterranean Dip:Show Stopper Holiday Party Appetizer! - November 27, 2015
- Perfect for Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey: Chicken Apricot Rice Salad - November 26, 2015
- Homemade Christmas Gift Breads for Teachers & Friends:Chocolate Zucchini Bread - November 26, 2015