Crawfish Dip-My go to crawfish recipe!
Crawfish Dip is one of my very favorite simple recipes I have made forever. In fact, I used it for catering. Of course, in my Gulf Coast cookbook, it’s simple to put together and extras (if you have any) is great served over rice for the next day’s dinner. I love crawfish season to be able to purchase Louisiana crawfish tails at a good price. If you’re looking for a good way to enjoy Louisiana crawfish, this simple to make dip is the way to go. This deliciously zesty crawfish dip is an amazingly diverse recipe that may be used as a casual dip or served over rice for flavor filled meal. With a light tomato white sauce and a touch of heat, this dynamic dip is the perfect crowd pleaser.
Crawfish Dip from trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
My go to out-of-this-world crawfish dip and serve leftovers over rice for tomorrow’s dinner!
Makes 5 cups
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil, sauté onion until tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic and flour into mixture, stirring 1 minute. Gradually add tomatoes and green chilies and milk, mixing well.
2. Bring mixture to boil. Lower heat, stirring 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add crawfish and green onions, stirring until heated.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 69, Calories from fat (%) 34, Fat (g) 3, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 43, Sodium (mg) 122, Carbohydrate (g) 5, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 2, Protein (g) 6, Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 lean meat
Be sure to look for Louisiana crawfish!
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016