My Most Popular Louisiana Crawfish Dip Recipe
My Louisiana Crawfish Dip recipe is one of my very favorite healthy easy recipes I have made forever and I even used this recipe for my catering jobs years ago. It’s simple to put together and use extras (if you have any) served over rice for the next day’s dinner. Of course, this easy Crawfish Dip recipe is in my Gulf Coast cookbook, I love crawfish season to be able to purchase Louisiana crawfish tails at a good price.
Popular Recipe to Use Leftovers from Crawfish Boil
If you’re looking for a good way to enjoy Louisiana crawfish, this easy Cajun dip is the way to go and use leftover crawfish from a crawfish boil. This deliciously zesty Louisiana crawfish dip is an amazingly diverse recipe that may be used as a casual dip or served over rice for flavor filled meal. With a light tomato white sauce and a touch of heat, this dynamic dip is the perfect crowd pleaser.
Louisiana Crawfish Dip from trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
My go to out-of-this-world Louisiana crawfish dip and serve leftovers over rice for tomorrow’s dinner!
Makes 16 (1/4-cup) servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and sauté onion until tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic and flour into mixture, stirring 1 minute. Gradually add tomatoes and green chilies and milk, mixing well.
2. Bring mixture to boil. Lower heat, stirring 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add Worcestershire sauce and season to taste.
3. Add crawfish and green onions, stirring until heated.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 69, Calories from fat (%) 34, Fat (g) 3, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 43, Sodium (mg) 122, Carbohydrate (g) 5, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 2, Protein (g) 6, Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 lean meat
Have you been to my Louisiana Crawfish blog for such simple Louisiana crawfiwh recipes! You’ll find all your favorites!
Be sure to look for Louisiana crawfish!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017