Yes It’s True – Delicious Diabetic Friendly Desserts
Who would believe my diabetic book includes some of my favorite recipes, including diabetic friendly desserts! With strawberries in season, put this simple sensation high on your list. This fabulous favorite stars berries layered with ladyfingers, raspberry preserves, and an orange cream cheese filling. Use your favorite seasonal berry combination and serve this gorgeous tiramisu in individual parfait glasses for extra pizzazz. Garnish with a curl of orange peel. No one would ever guess this is diabetic-friendly!
Berry Tiramisu from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Diabetic Cooking
16 servings/serving size: 1/2 cup
2/3 cup seedless sugar-free raspberry preserves
1/4 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed (divided use)
1/2 cup raspberries
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers, split in half (24)
1. In small bowl, mix together raspberry preserves and orange liqueur. In large bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light. Stir in orange zest and whipped topping, reserving 1/2 cup whipped topping. In separate small bowl, gently combine raspberries and strawberries.
2. Line bottom of an oblong 2-quart dish with half of split ladyfingers. Spread half of preserves on top, then half of cream cheese, then half of berries. Repeat layers with remaining ladyfingers, preserves, and cream cheese. Carefully top with thin layer of remaining whipped topping. Top with remaining berries. Cover, refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Terrific Tidbit: Instead of fresh orange zest, you can use dried orange peel, found in the spice aisle of the supermarket. The orange zest surprisingly really enhances the orange flavor.
Nutritional information per serving: Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat, Calories 128, Calories from Fat 24, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 9 mg, Sodium 79 mg, Total Carbohydrate 23 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- 50 Shades of Red: Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes - January 23, 2017
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017