Asparagus Wraps Really Easy Recipe
When making a delicious meal – especially when entertaining – I think the sides are just as important. Asparagus is plentiful and in season and the tasty Asparagus Wraps, from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age, are the perfect way to showcase their snappy flavor. Don’t be intimidated by the phyllo dough – they look impressive but you will be amazed at how super easy they are! You can even save on time by making ahead, and keep fresh in the fridge covered with a damp paper towel.
Asparagus Wraps from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age.
This unbeatable combination of mellow asparagus with crispy coating, salty prosciutto and a touch of cheese make this a lip-smacking veggie. Can prepare ahead of time, refrigerate and bake before serving- quick with amazing finish.
Makes 10-12 servings
24 asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed discarding ends
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 ounces prosciutto, cut into strips
8 sheets of phyllo dough, thawed
1. Preheat oven 425°F. Coat foil lined baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook asparagus in large skillet with little water until tender, about 3-5 minutes depending on size of asparagus (or can cook in microwave).
3. Take two sheets phyllo dough and coat each sheet with nonstick cooking spray and layer. Cut into 6 sections (one across and two down).
4. Sprinkle each section with about 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan. Wrap prosciutto strip around asparagus. Lay asparagus on corner of phyllo section and roll up, diagonally, exposing asparagus tip. Transfer to prepared pan. Repeat with remaining asparagus. Coat asparagus with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until phyllo is golden and crispy. Serve warm or room temperature. For thin asparagus, use two instead of one for each wrap.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 25 Calories from fat 45% Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 2mg Carbohydrate 3g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 1g Protein 1g Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable
Spicy Advice: Serve as special side or makes perfect party pick-up.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe Perks Up with Secret Ingredient Coffee - September 29, 2016
- September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month with Healthy Easy Recipes - September 27, 2016
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016