Delicious Easy Bananas Foster Recipe Makes Incredible Banana Pie
Easy Bananas Foster Recipe turns into the best banana pudding pie from KITCHEN 101 with chocolate crust, praline layer, banana pudding and whipped topping. Of course everyone loves a banana pie but this pie is probably one of the best you will make. With simple ingredients, you can whip it up in just minutes. doesn’t seem possible.
What is Bananas Foster?
If you’re looking for an easy Bananas Foster recipe, you’re in the right place. First, I guess I should tell you what Bananas Foster is. This is a dessert made with bananas cooked in a sauce made from butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a liqueur. Added to the banana mixture is alcohol that is ignited. Of course, there are different variations of this popular New Orleans’ dessert and I have a bite of decadence with my Banana Fosters Pudding Pie recipe.
Best Banana Pie
You know how I believe in keeping my recipes simple. By adding this easy bananas foster recipe to a simple banana pie you have a WOW dessert. You’ll love the layers of the chocolate crust topped with the cinnamon spice banana layer,, then a simple banana pudding topped with whipped topping. YUM!
Bananas Foster Pudding Pie from Holly Clegg’s KITCHEN 101 cookbook
Looking for a “wow factor” dessert? Simple ingredients, chocolate cookies, bananas, pudding and whipped topping turn into the best banana pie ever!
Makes 8-10 servings
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter plus 2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3-4 bananas, peeled and sliced
2 (4-serving) boxes instant French vanilla or banana pie pudding and pie filling
2 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup crème de banana liqueur, dark rum, or skim milk
1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
1. In 9-inch pie plate or spring form pan, combine cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and vanilla. Press into pie plate. Refrigerate.
2. In nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add sugar cooking until slightly thickens and bubbly. Add cinnamon, ginger and bananas; cook until bananas are tender. Pour evenly over set crust. Return to refrigerator.
3. In bowl, whisk together pudding, milk and liqueur until thickened. Carefully spread over banana mixture. Top with whipped topping. Refrigerate.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 377, Calories from Fat 22%, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 17mg, Sodium 528mg, Carbohydrates 67g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Total Sugars 44g, Protein 4g, Dietary Exchanges: 4 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Check out more of my sweet treat recipes.1.
Check out more of my sweet treat recipes.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month with Healthy Easy Recipes - September 27, 2016
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016