One of My Family’s Favorite Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes!
There is something so delicious about a hot comforting meal on a crisp day, and nothing says comfort food better than a casserole. Whether you are bringing a meal to a friend or want a family pleasing hearty dinner, easy ground beef casserole recipes make great go-to dishes. This easy healthy recipe y are quick and easy and you can make them ahead of time. This hearty, meaty Southwestern Easy Beef Casserole with Sweet Potato Topping from my trim and terrific Eating Well To Fight Arthritis cookbook will quickly become a family favorite.
Easy Beef Casserole Made Easy with Pantry Staples
Keep these pantry staples on hand to whip up easy ground beef casserole recipes for your family dinner in no time, and I like to use fire-roasted tomatoes for a richer flavor, or you can try using roasted fresh tomatoes for the canned. On baking sheet, combine 3 cups chopped tomatoes, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp dried basil (or 1Tbsp fresh basil) and salt and pepper, and roast 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees. Always rinse and drain canned beans to reduce sodium intake by up to 40%! Best of all, these one-dish wonders like this easy beef casserole leave little clean-up and make these trim&TERRIFIC recipes a delicious no-fuss way to feed your family a healthy homemade meal fast!
Southwestern Beef Casserole with Sweet Potato Topping from Eating Well To Fight Arthritis cookbook
A fast-fix meaty one-dish delicious dinner made with pantry friendly ingredients.
1 pound ground sirloin
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 (10-ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
2 cups frozen sweet potato tater tots or waffle cut
1. Preheat oven 375°F. Coat (9x9x2-inch) square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large skillet, cook meat until done; drain any excess liquid.
3. Add black beans, tomatoes, and corn to pan, mixing well. Transfer to prepared pan.
4. Cover meat mixture evenly with cream of chicken soup and top with sweet potato waffles or tater tots. Bake 30-35 minutes or until tater tots are done and casserole is bubbly.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 326, Calories from fat 25%, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 48mg, Sodium 611mg, Carbohydrate 37g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 10g, Protein 23g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: Use electronic appliances such as a can opener when possible for ease on joints.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- 50 Shades of Red: Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes - January 23, 2017
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017