Healthy Easy Shrimp Recipe
I happen to love pasta dishes and this easy shrimp recipe combined and feta, what’s not to love! I usually keep most of these ingredients in the pantry and since I can purchase peeled shrimp, this has become one of my go to recipes. When tomatoes aren’t in season, I usually go with either vine ripened minature or grape tomatoes, which I find a little sweeter. This one-skillet dish features bold flavors of shrimp, cherry tomatoes, feta, and a few other ingredients for simple elegance prepared in mere minutes. Serve with rice or pasta.
Skillet Shrimp and Tomatoes with Feta from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
Makes about 4 (1-cup) servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved if large
1 pound medium peeled shrimp
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 cup white wine or fat-free chicken broth
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons crumbled, reduced-fat, feta cheese
1. In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat oil, sauté onion 3 minutes.
2. Stir in garlic and tomatoes, cook 3 minutes. Add shrimp and oregano, continue cooking and stirring 3 minutes longer.
3. Add wine, parsley, season to taste. Continue cooking until shrimp are done and sauce slightly thickens with tomatoes. Sprinkle with feta, serve.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 196, Calories from fat 25%, Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 170 mg, Sodium 279 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 21 g, Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Check out my website for more seafood and easy shrimp recipes.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016