Yes, my Shrimp Tacos Recipe is Quick Dinner for Eating Healthy!
When I was asked to preapre a Rush Hour Recipe on WAFB 9 News Noon show, I immediately thought about my easy shrimp tacos recipe. I absolutely LOVE my BBQ Shrimp Tacos and, of course, who doesn’t like BBQ shrimp? With just a few ingredients and 30 minutes you can really put a healthy meal on the table fast! The classic flavor combination of the BBQ Shrimp Tacos recipe from my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook is hard to beat and will surely soon be a family favorite. Easy Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Some Cooking Tips for my Easy Shrimp Tacos Recipe f
This is my go-to recipe as I always keep shrimp in my freezer or you can buy it already peeled at the grocery. Use corn tortillas to make this recipe gluten-free.
My favorites, BBQ shrimp and tacos, in one marvelous easy shrimp tacos recipe. Doesn’t get any better than
BBQ Shrimp Tacos from KITCHEN 101
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped red onion
Salt and pepper to taste
4 flour tortillas, warmed
1. In bowl or resealable plastic bag, coat shrimp with olive oil. Add all ingredients except tomatoes, onion, and tortillas. Marinate 1-2 hours, time permitting.
2. In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, add shrimp (discarding extra marinade). Sauté shrimp until done.
3. In small bowl, combine tomatoes and onion. Season to taste. Make tacos with tortillas, shrimp, and tomato mixture.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 228, Calories from Fat 22%, Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 143mg, Sodium 662mg, Carbohydrates 24g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Total Sugars 6g, Protein 19g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Peeled shrimp may be bought fresh or frozen. If frozen, defrost first. Garnish with avocado.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016