I have to say, Holly Clegg’s new cookbook, Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence, is perfect for people like me, moving into my first apartment, or even dorm. If you are new to cooking, then this really is for you because all of the recipes are delicious but easy at the same time – and not to mention they all have pictures, which is SO helpful when cooking a dish! I opened right to the chapter Start Simple, and thought what better place to start, and the Easy Eggplant Parmesan looked so good – and believe me it was! Don’t believe how simple it is? Check it out yourself:
Easy Eggplant Parmesan from Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Don’t be intimidated by this classic Italian dish — as this version is super easy and super delicious!
Makes 6 servings
2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch slices (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 onions, thinly sliced into rings
1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat oblong 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange eggplant slices along bottom of dish. Top with onions.
3. In large bowl, mix marinara sauce, oregano and basil. Spread evenly over onion slices.
4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and return to oven 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 221, Calories from Fat 37%, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 634mg, Carbohydrates 26g, Dietary Fiber 7g, Total Sugars 14g, Protein 10g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: Use different flavored marinara sauces.
Check out more of Holly’s tips and deliciously easy healthy recipes
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016