Fresh Fig Bundt Cake – Best Fig Recipes with fresh figs during fig season!
Fresh Fig Bundt Cake, moist and delicious, is one of my favorite Bundt cake healthy easy recipes in my cookbook, Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. When is fig season? Fig season is really from late summer to
fall which is August until October. However, you will find some fresh figs in early summer. When I saw fresh figs in the grocery, I got so excited! Then, I couldn’t wait to make my fig cake recipe from my arthritis cookbook. Also, diabetic-friendly and high in potassium and fiber, this cake even has nutritious benefits. Not only is this cake absolutely delcious but this Fig Bundt Cake recipe is diabetic-friendly. In my cookbook,Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook, I include a “D” to indicate diabetic-friendly recipes throughout the book.
Fig Facts To Know to take advantage of Fig Season:
- Now, if you are one of those that turn up your nose to fresh figs, this Fig Bundt Cake will instantly change your mind. The recipe is from Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. I honestly couldn’t wait to include this recipe in one of my cookbooks.
- A fresh fig is lusciously sweet with a slight crunch making them unique and delcious.
- You may use dried figs or dates, however, this is one of those recipes that fresh is best.
- Figs are high in potassium and fiber
- Fresh figs are perishable so they say 90% are made into dried figs.
Fresh Fig Bundt Cake from Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Makes 20 servings
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh figs, stems removed
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Glaze (see recipe)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, cream oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition until creamy.
3. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk and ending with flour. Beat after each addition.
4. Stir in figs and pecans. Bake 40-45 minutes, until top springs back when touched. Then, let cake cool 10 minutes and then invert onto serving plate. Next, pour Glaze (recipe follows) over hot cake.
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In small nonstick pot, combine all ingredients except vanilla and bring to boil 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and pour over hot cake.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 194, Protein (g) 3, Carbohydrate (g) 30, Fat (g) 7, Calories from Fat (%) 32, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugar (g) 20, Cholesterol (mg) 21, Sodium (mg) 111 Diabetic Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrates, 1 ½ fat
Terrific Tidbit: I used fresh figs but fresh dates may be subsituted.
If you like my Fresh Fig Bundt Cake, next try my delicous pizza
Do you like pizza? I guess you are thinking pizza and figs don’t go together. Yes, they do and especially during fig season! So, go to the grocery and pick up figs and if you like pizza, you will really enjoy Fig, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Pizza in my cookbook,Too Hot in the Kitchen. Figs combined with sweet caramelized onion, salty prosciutto and creamy goat cheese turn pizza into a palate pleasing masterpiece.
I look forward to fig season to make this incredibly moist cake that we couldn’t quit eating. Still, even if you’re not a fig fan, you will be a huge fan of this cake. I promise! Best of all, no fuss as you don’t even have to peel figs! Try more of my everyday easy arthritis diet recipes
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fabulous Meat Dip Recipe -Have You Made My Hearty, Easy Meaty Italian Dip? - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017
- Quick Chili Recipe – 10-Ingredient + 10 Minutes for BEST Meat Chili - January 16, 2017