A Note from My Daughter In Law – Fresh Fish Recipes You Will Love
I always love visiting my husband’s family for the holidays – especially because of all of the great food I know Holly will have waiting for us! One night she whipped up one of her best fresh fish recipes – Crunchy Fish with this delicious Lemon Sauce from her latest book, Too Hot in the Kitchen. I had never heard of the Panko crumbs she was using for the crust but it really gave the dish a great light crunchy crust. Holly said Panko bread crumbs are found with regular bread crumbs at the grocery store and that you can use any kind of fish. Fish freezes well so when you get plenty, freeze in water in freezer zip lock plastic bags for later use.
Crunchy Fish with Lemon Sauce from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age
Panko bread crumbs, a coarser crumb, gives this fish a wonderful crunchy crust- great new choice of coating. Serve with or without Lemon Sauce.
Makes 6 servings
2 pounds trout or catfish fillets (mild fish)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. In bowl, season fish with salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. In plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and cornstarch. Add fish; shake to coat fish with mixture, pressing mixture onto fish.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat, add fish cooking 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until fish is flaky.
3. Remove fish to serving plate, add butter to pan. After butter is melted, add chicken broth and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, scraping pan of any bits to add flavor. Add parsley. Heat 2 minutes, serve with fish.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 283 Calories from fat 38% Fat 12g Saturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 94mg Sodium 98mg Carbohydrate 10g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein 32g Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 lean meat
Enjoy more fresh fish recipes on my website.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month with Healthy Easy Recipes - September 27, 2016
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016