Easiest Fudge Brownie Pie EVER with Secret Ingredient
Who doesn’t love a healthy easy recipe for a chocolate decadent dessert? My Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pie makes a quick dessert. The recipe is simple to make with a brownie mix, instant chocolate pudding and whipped topping. There is a secret ingredient that makes this a chocoholic’s dream. I use coffee! We drink coffee but did you know that coffee in sweets and treats really intensifies the chocolate flavor (which we all like). So, that’s why one of my favorite and most popular recipes is Fudgy Brownie Pie from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. And, talk about easy!!!!
Coffee Pairing with Recipes
People love coffee. I thought instead of wine pairing in a cookbook, it would be fun to include Coffee and Food Pairing. So, I have a coffee cup symbol throughout my new book, Too Hot in the Kitchen. If you’re a coffee drinker look for the coffee cup symbol by the recipes. Next, you’ll find serving suggestions of what type roasted coffee compliments that food.
Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pie Recipe Easy to Make For Large Groups
This is one of my favorite chocolate desserts. Many times when I was a keynote speaker I was asked to help with the menu and this pie was always my choice. We served this Fudgy Brownie Pie recipe because it was easy for the chef to prepare. No matter how large the group, the hotel chef gladly made my fudge pie recipe as the selected dessert because of its ease in preparation.. Not only is this one of the best chocolate pie recipe ever, but the pie is simple-to-make. Now, that’s a winning combination.
Fudgy Brownie Pie from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook
This chocolate fudge brownie pie is a fudgy rich brownie dessert picture perfect dessert and looks like it came from the bakery. However, this pie is so simply made with brownie mix, instant pudding and whipped topping. The coffee enhances the chocolate flavor and creates the perfect chocoholic finish to any meal.
Makes 10 servings
1/3 cup warm water
1 1/2 teaspoons instant dark roast or espresso coffee, divided
1 (19.85-ounce) box fudge brownie mix
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup skim milk
1 (4-serving) instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
1 (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Chocolate shavings for decoration, if desired
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In small cup, stir together water and 1 teaspoon coffee until dissolved.
3. In large bowl, combine brownie mix, coffee mixture, egg, egg whites, and vanilla, stirring until well mixed. Add pecans. Pour batter into prepared pie plate. Bake 25- 28 minutes or until set. Don’t overbake for fudgy center and then cool.
4. In large bowl, stir together milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee until coffee is dissolved. Whisk in pudding mix until thickened and carefully fold in half of whipped topping.
5. Spread pudding mixture evenly over the cooled brownie pie. Add almond extract to remaining whipped topping and spread over pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving and top with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 367 Calories from fat 25% Fat 10g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 22mg Sodium 338mg Carbohydrate 62g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 38g Protein 5g Dietary Exchanges: 4 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016