Gluten free enchiladas plus your favorite recipes highlighted in my new arthritis book with a “G” symbol
Just because your favorite meal is “comfort food” doesn’t mean it can’t also be good for you! And what could more comforting than cheesy, meaty enchiladas. I am not giving up my favorite foods so I certainly do not expect you too. Chicken Enchiladas from my trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook are Gluten-free reducing the risk of inflammation in the body. All gluten-free recipes are highlighted in my arthritis cookbook with a “G” for your ease of use. Best of all, this recipe is a time-saver, as it is great to make-ahead and freeze for a quick meal on a night you need dinner fast! For more easy recipes, check out my book, KITCHEN 101.
Gluten free enchiladas simple as corn tortillas
Chicken Enchiladas from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
An easy ‘combine and stir’ enchilada recipe with green enchilada sauce and a creamy chicken filling makes scrumptious, lighter style enchiladas.
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breasts
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 (28-ounce) can green enchilada sauce, divided
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup chopped green onion
12 (8-inch) flour tortillas (use corn tortillas for gluten-free)
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
Chopped green onion, garnish
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat oblong 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In microwave-safe dish, microwave cream cheese until melted (1 minute). In bowl, combine melted cream cheese, green chilies, 2 cups enchilada sauce, chili powder, and green onion.
3. Pour 1/2 cup remaining enchilada sauce in prepared baking dish. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla, some black beans and 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
4. Cover with foil. Bake 25-30 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onion, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 323, Calories from Fat 30%, Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 49mg, Sodium 1047mg, Carbohydrates 35g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Total Sugars 5g, Protein 22g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Look in the produce section of the grocery for containers of pre-chopped green onion. Use corn tortillas for gluten-free recipe.
Find more delicious gluten free recipes.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017