Great St Patrick Day Cake Recipes – BEST Green Red Velvet Cake
Get into the St Patrick Day Cake Recipes with everyone’s favorite cake goes green. My FAVORITE Red Velvet Cake recipe from my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook (all easy, healthier southern recipes) is one of the easiest and best ever. So, by adding green food coloring you have the best southern red velvet cake going green! Also, make sure you have good nonstick round cake pans to make sure you cake won’t stick to the pan!!!
Go Green Desserts with St Patrick Day cake recipes
The Green Red Velvet Cake might be one of my favorites St Patrick Day cake recipes but if you haven’t had my 3-ingredient Easy Chocolate Truffles with White Chocolate Icing, From Too Hot in the Kitchen you are in for a real treat! By adding green coloring to the white chocolate, this bite of decadence gets a St Patrick Day dessert makeover.
Green Red Velvet Cake from my Gulf Coast Favorite Cookbook
Perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or any special occasion, this southern classic never goes out of style. Take a short cut by using cake mix to effortlessly prepare a beautiful and deliciously rich lusciousus cake.
Makes 16-20 serving
1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 cup canola oil
3 egg whites
1 (1-ounce) bottle green food coloring
1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
Cream Cheese Icing (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat three 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, cocoa, oil, egg, egg whites, food coloring. In small bowl, combine milk and vinegar, add to mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. Pour batter into prepared pans, bake 15–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool layers on a rack, ice with Cream Cheese Icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
Makes 16 servings
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter
1 (16-ounce) box confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Few drops green food coloring
1. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar, beat until light. Add vanilla.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 272, Calories from fat (%) 29, Fat (g) 9, Saturated Fat (g) 4, Cholesterol (mg) 23, Sodium (mg) 246, Carbohydrate (g) 45, Dietary Fiber (g) 0, Sugars (g) 35, Protein (g) 3, Diabetic Exchanges: 3 carbohydrate, 2 fat
TERRIFIC TIDBIT: For another fantastic dessert option, turn this cake into a trifle by layering cake, cream cheese icing, and nonfat whipped topping in a trifle or glass bowl. One time, the layers fell apart and I turned it into a trifle and now I make the cake both ways and can’t decide which is the most popular! Here’s an inexpensive trifle bowl to keep on hand as I always love serving trifles. The Red Velvet Berry Trifle is a winner and one to try also.
Looking for more easy fabulous St Patrick Day food recipes? You’ll LOVE my green king cake with crescent rolls.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016