Hamburger Cake recipe tastes like cake but looks like burger!
Hamburger Cake looks like a giant burger but tastes like a wonderful summer burger cake filled with fresh fruit. Kids will quickly gobble up this delicious burger cake and adults will be in awe. Made with cake mixes, this fun Kid’s cake is simple to make! Summer is prime time for gathering around the barbecue, and everyone has their favorite hamburger recipe and toppings but you haven’t tried anything until you’ve had my Hamburger Cake recipe!!!!
Burger Cake makes a show-stopper summer fruit dessert
I can’t wait to share with you “How to make an easy burger cake” that will be the talk of the party – a conversation piece for the adults and the kids. If you have a party coming up definitely try this homemade cake made with cake mixes and fresh fruit. We look for ways to get everyone to include more fruit in their diet. With the cake, you will have fun eating the different kinds of fruit. Each fruit represents burger condiments. For more fun, yummy recipes check out my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook.
My Hamburger Cake Recipe on Fox & Friends in New York such a hit!
On one of my Fox & Friend’s appearance, I prepared the Hamburger Cake recipe and talk about an unbelievable response! It was the perfect summer segment and they ate the WHOLE burger cake!
This burger cake recipe starts with cake mixes so simple-to-make!
Don’t get intimidated with the recipe as the cake is made with a cake mix to simplify your job in the kitchen. This burger cake recipe will be the “talk of the party.” The yellow cake layer represents the bun, the brownie layer serves as the burger, and the yellow whipped topping makes a great mustard. Kiwi becomes the lettuce and pickles, while strawberries stand in for tomatoes. Remember, you’ll be using easy cake mixes, so don’t let the length of this recipe intimidate you.
If you don’t have a cake stand, I love this porcelain white cake stand for casual entertaining any homemade or bought cake
Keep all your recipes simple with KITCHEN 101 Easy Recipes!!!! I can’t wait for you to try this summer hamburger cake for your next party!
Makes 20 servings
Yellow Cake Layer
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/3 cups water
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2-3 tablespoons skim milk
1 (9-inch) round Brownie Layer (recipe follows)
1 envelope whipped topping mix
1/2 cup cold milk
1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
4 kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
For Yellow Layer:
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, egg whites, egg, oil and water until mixed. Pour batter into prepared pans. Need one yellow layer for recipe-use extra batter for cupcakes or whatever.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool layers.
To assemble Hamburger:
4. Split cooled cake in half into two 9-inch rounds with serrated knife. Place bottom half on serving plate.
5. In small bowl, mix together confectioners’ sugar and enough milk for spreading consistency. Spread half of mixture on top yellow cake layer. Top with cooled Brownie Layer (see recipe).
6. In mixing bowl, beat together whipped topping mix, cold milk, yellow food coloring until very thick forms peak. Spread remaining half confectioners’ sugar mixture on top brownie layer to help next fruit layer stay in place.
7. Cover with sliced strawberries and kiwis. Top with whipped topping mixture, make sure fruit is shows on all sides. Carefully place remaining half of yellow cake layer on top of fruit and whipped topping. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Refrigerate until serving.
1 (18.25-ounce) package brownie mix
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
For Brownie Layer:
1.Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared pan, bake 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely before using.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 331, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 53, Fat (g) 12, Calories from fat (%) 32, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 37, Sodium (mg) 361, Diabetic Exchanges: 3 other carbohydrate, 2.fat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2017
- Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes – Family Comfort Food - January 9, 2017
- Chili Con Queso Recipe without Velveeta! Easy, Healthy & Gluten-Free Queso - January 8, 2017