Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake, in Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. I don’t think I have ever had a recipe go so viral as this one, but I can understand why as it is siple to make and each bite is one of decadence for blueberry fans. My daughter’s boss gave me the recipe and then I made it trim & terrific! I make in a foil pan to take to the beach or to someone. This luscious cake makes a great breakfast, snack or treat (or all three). One of my other absolute favorite blueberry recipes is in that book too, White Chocolate Blueberry Bundt Cake (actually in my kitchen now). And, if you like desserts, this book might have my best desserts from blueberries to chocolate, Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age
My Favorite Blueberry Recipes
And, if you like this cake, you will absolutely LOVE my three favorite blueberry recipes, Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake (recipe below), White Chocolate Blueberry Bundt Cake -melt in your mouth moist cake and Lemon Blueberry Bread -simple luscious lemon lover’s delight-all from my easy, full of fun, simple recipes and perfect for your girlfriend cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen!! Learn the secrets to sizzle!!!
Check out my Blueberry Pinterest board for more yummy blueberry recipes!
Blueberry Muffin Streusel Cake from y cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen (great to read cookbook)
A cross between a muffin and cake; here’s my version that I made, again, again, and again —that’s how good it is.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup fresh blueberries
Streusel Topping (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven 375°F. Coat 9x9x2-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. In bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, milk and egg.
3. Stir in oil and blueberries, only until mixed.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup reserved Streusel Topping (see recipe) on bottom of pan. Carefully spread cake mixture on top. Cover with remaining reserved Streusel Pecan Topping.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out dry.
A perfect topping to any breakfast cake.
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. In small bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in vanilla and butter using pastry blender or fork. Reserve 1/2 cup topping and add pecans to remaining topping.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 231, Protein (g) 3, Carbohydrate (g) 36, Fat (g) 9, Calories from Fat (%) 35, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Sugars (g) 22, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 25, Sodium (mg) 83 Diabetic Exchanges:
2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Check out more of my easy, everyday healthier blueberry recipes