This Healthy Spinach Dip Recipe is the Perfect Appetizer
If you’re having company or just need a quick dip–this fantastic healthy Spinach Dip recipe is made with only five pantry-friendly ingredients. Full of fiber, nutrients, and antioxidants, keep green foods such as spinach and broccoli on hand as they are easy to pump up the nutrition in meals. Spinach is a great addition to enchiladas, lasagna, or even for a salad; while broccoli can be thrown in stir-fry’s and casseroles. Speedy Spinach Dip is delicious, super easy and fast to throw together and only five ingredients. And, who doesn’t like Spinach Dip?
Speedy Spinach Dip from Holly Clegg’s Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook
Dip lovers of all ages will want to dig into this five ingredient trouble-free spinach dip. With reduced-fat cream cheese and Swiss cheese, you won’t have to feel guilty about going back for more.
Makes 16 (1/4-cup) servings
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen, chopped spinach
1 cup salsa
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
1 cup shredded, reduced-fat, Swiss or Alpine Lace cheese
1. Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain well.
2. In medium nonstick pot, combine spinach and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring until cheese is melted
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 62, Calories from fat (%) 43, Fat (g) 3, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 9, Sodium (mg) 135, Carbohydrate (g) 4, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 2, Protein (g) 5, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat
Check out my website for more healthy easy appetizers.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016