Homemade Valentine’s Day Chocolate Candy is Always a Treat
Candy and flowers are the #1 Valentine gifts but both turn extra pricey this time of year. My trim and terrific recipe for the perfect homemade Valentine’s Day chocolate candy is sure to impress your loved ones and friends. You know me, I am not going to give you a complicated chocolate candy recipe and one of my absolute favorites are these Chocolate Caramel Pecan Candies.
My Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Chocolate Candy Recipe
If you’re like me and stare at chocolate turtles at the candy counter, you will absolutely LOVE this recipe for Caramel Pecan Candies from my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen. Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without caramel and chocolate! So, this easy Valentine’s day candy really is like the famous turtles you see in the candy stores. This candy is easy to make and whether you’re giving these bites of ecstasies for a gift or serving at your Valentine dinner, I promise they’re simple to make and always a HUGE success.
Caramel Pecan Candies from Too Hot in the Kitchen
Makes 30 turtles
1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine caramels and milk in microwave for 1 minute, stir, and microwave another minute or until melted. Stir in pecans, and drop by tablespoonful onto wax paper covered baking sheets. Let stand until firm.
2. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute or until melted, stirring once.
3. Dip top of caramel candies into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip; place on wax paper. Let firm.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 121, Protein (g) 2, Carbohydrate (g) 14, Fat (g) 7, Calories from Fat (%) 52, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 11, Cholesterol (mg) 1, Sodium (mg) 33, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016