Best Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipe
Looking for a quick, easy-to-make kid-friendly homemade vegetable soup recipe ? When Walmart asked for easy, affordable, healthy and delicious, Wholesome Veggie Soup was my soup solution.
Watch Holly prepare this fantastic easy and affordable Veggie Soup-perfect for a quick dinner
Wholesome Veggie Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Meal Occasion: Lunch/Dinner
Makes 8 servings Makes eight (1-cup) servings
Serving size one cup or I would say 1 cup
Cost Per Serving: less than $1
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Great Value minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Value tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Great Value diced tomatoes
- 4 cups Great Value chicken broth
- Great Value salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Great Value Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (16-ounce) package Great Value mixed frozen vegetables (I used mixed vegetables, not stir-fry)
- 1/3 cup Great Value long grain rice, uncooked
- In large pot coated with Great Value nonstick cooking spray, cook onion, and garlic, 5–7 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, broth, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, and vegetables. Bring to boil. Add rice and reduce heat.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until rice is done, about 15-20 minutes. Add more water if too thick.
- Frozen vegetables give you vegetable variety without chopping.
- For a heartier version, add lean ground beef and call Burger Soup-kid’s love it.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016