Ham Cheese Sliders-Masters Easy-Make-Ahead Appetizers
Best Ham Cheese Sliders perfect for The Masters tournament if its like the Super Bowl in your house? If your family is like mine, then Masters weekend is a weekend devoted to time around the television watching round after round of golf – and endless snacks are a requirement! If you can’t be in Augusta enjoying pimento cheese sandwiches then be sure to pick up a container of your favorite type and a loaf of bread to whip up the tournament’s favorite meal. Egg salad sandwiches are also popular on the Augusta course, but I bet you will win fans with my full of flavor, Smoked Salmon Egg Salad! Have your own The Masters Party!
And from the Sports Spread Ready-Made Menu chapter in my Trim and Terrific cookbook, Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence – these Ham and Cheese Sliders are and updated delicious twist on a classic. Best of all you can make ahead, keep in refrigerator or freezer and add poppy seed sauce when ready to bake. Your Masters golf fans will surely love them as they cheer on their favorite players! Also, one of my favorite kitchen gadgets is an egg slicer to simplify and cut up your egg. I use this egg slicer so place egg in slicer and slice; then change the position of the egg, and slice the other direction for perfectly chopped eggs!
Everyone’s Favorite Pick-up Easy Dessert
Whether for the Masters or you want a simple, quick pick-up dessert, there’s nothing like my “melt in your mouth” Ooey Gooey Squares from KITCHEN 101 cookbook, you can whip up with ingredients in your house. The recipe starts with a cake mix and you just need a nonstick good long-lasting 13x9x2-inch baking pan which every kitchen should have–an all time favorite! Just like the easy Ham Cheese Sliders, you’ll love all my easy party recipes!
Ham Cheese Sliders from Kitchen 101: Secrets To Cooking Confidence
Who said ham and cheese sandwiches are boring? Try this fantastic ham cheese slider and it will be a party or snack favorite!
Makes 24 sliders
24 miniature rolls
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 pound thinly sliced lean ham, cut into small pieces
2 cups shredded Jarlsberg cheese (light Swiss)
Poppy Seed Sauce (see recipe)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. Split rolls in half, lay on prepared pan. Spread each bottom half with mustard and layer ham and cheese. Replace tops. Place filled rolls close together on baking sheet. Drizzle Poppy Seed Sauce (recipe follows) evenly over sliders.
3. Cover with foil and bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove cover and bake 2 minutes longer.
Poppy Seed Sauce
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
Hot sauce to taste
1. In small bowl, mix together all ingredients.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 148, Calories from Fat 36%, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 24mg, Sodium 324mg, Carbohydrates 16g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 4g, Protein 8g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Check out more of Holly’s easy sports fan recipes
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017