The Perfect Main Dish Salad – Mediterranean Chicken Spinach Salad
Mediterranean Chicken Spinach Salad the magic of rotisserie chicken and chic ingredients – edamame, sun-dried tomatoes, mint, and feta – you can easily whip up this fresh any-season salad. Fresh mint makes a difference – if you don’t have it growing rampant, check any grocery, but if I can grow it, I bet you can too. But just a tip, grow it in pots because it really will spread all over! Instead of spinach, you can toss chicken mixture with quick-cooking couscous for another great option. Summer is the time I turn to the Lovin’ No Oven Chapter in Too Hot in the Kitchen–all no cook recipe for when it’s hot outside or you have hot flashes!
Mediterranean Chicken Spinach Salad from Too Hot in the Kitchen Cookbook
Satisfying, trendy light entree salad.
Makes 6 servings (3/4-1 cup chicken, 1/2 cup spinach)
2 cups diced, skinless rotisserie chicken breast
1 cup edamame, cooked according to package directions
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves or 1 tablespoon dried mint
2 teaspoons dried dill weed leaves
3 tablespoons apple cider or any vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups packed baby spinach leaves
1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1. In large bowl, combine chicken, edamame, sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, cucumber, mint, and dill, mixing well.
2. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Toss with spinach and feta and divide mixture evenly among individual plates. Top with chicken mixture.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 204 Calories from fat 37% Fat 8g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 45mg Sodium 452mg Carbohydrate 12g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 5g Protein 20g Dietary Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat
For another amazing entree salad, my Chicken Taco Rice Salad is delicious!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Top 3 Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes with BEST Margarita Shrimp Recipe - April 27, 2017
- Easy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe For BEST Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken Breasts - April 24, 2017
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe with Shortcuts Tastes Like Rich Moist Cake - April 22, 2017