Quick No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from my arthritis cookbook were a huge hit at my exercise class. I was going to my exercise class on Sunday at the YMCA and remembered I had promised everyone a treat. So, with a little over an hour before I had to leave I thought about what ingredients I had at my house for a cookie recipe that I could whip up easily. I immediately thought about my chocolate no bake cookies recipe as not only are they quick to make but my no bake chocolate cookie recipe has oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate–all my favorite ingredients. I brought the cookies and EVERYONE wanted the recipe No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie so I told them I would put the recipe on the blog.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies you can always make ahead of time!
I also like my chocolate no bake cookies recipe because you can make them ahead of time. I make the cookies and lay them on waxed paper on a baking pan. I put them in the refrigerator to harden which honestly doesn’t take much time at all. Then I transfer the no bake chocolate cookies to a zip lock plastic bag as you can store them much easier this way. They also freeze great so you can pull out a little chocolate cookie to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Another one of my No Bake Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe is only 3 ingredients
If you like no bake cookies and you like chocolate, then you’ll love my 3 ingredient chocolate no bake cookies recipe. I do as they are fast to make and delicious to eat! If you haven’t made my Easy No Bake Oreo Cookie Ball with 3 ingredients, put this chocolate no bake cookie on your list for sure. And, also in my arthritis cookbook are my No Bake Energy Bites which are wonderful! This book is filled with simple recipes for anti-inflammatory diet! A great tip is to use a melon baller for round balls for both these yummy recipes.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
An easy quick sweet fix and best of all, you probably already have the ingredients for this yummy chocolate no bake cookies recipe.
Makes 48 cookies
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and oatmeal; set aside.
2. In large nonstick pot, heat sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter, stirring until dissolved. Bring mixture to boil, and boil 2 minutes (not less). Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until well combined. Quickly add oatmeal mixture and beat by hand until thickened (a few minutes), if necessary.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm, and store in the refrigerator or cool place.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 75 Calories from fat 44% Fat 4g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 35mg Carbohydrate 9g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 5g Protein 2g Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes -What To Make with Fresh Cranberries? - December 3, 2016
- Recipes Using Spice Cake Mix – BEST EVER Easy Yam Chocolate Spice Bars - December 2, 2016
- Mango Chutney Spread Recipe -6 Ingredient Sweet, Spicy & Salty Dip - December 1, 2016