Ooey Gooey Squares Guaranteed Hit!
Whether you are cheering your favorite sport, or entertaining a crowd on Halloween, this is the sweet treat you want! Ooey Gooey Squares top the list – just add orange (yellow and red) food coloring to the cream cheese layer! Is it a cookie, is it a brownie? Its both and it will melt in your mouth! Definitely my family’s all-time favorite. My pantry stocking tip would be to keep these ingredients on hand at all times to whip them up at a moment’s notice. Whenever I needed to bring a treat, I can count on having these ingredients in my pantry and whip these yummy squares up in no time and all. I have had cocktail parties for judges at my home, and it is almost embarrassing as my Ooey Gooey Squares from KITCHEN 101 is all the rage, beating out much more time consuming treats! Young and old alike, love these delicious desserts, in fact, I made them not long ago to bring to the hospital when my daughter was having her baby and the nurses couldn’t get enough!
Ooey Gooey Squares with Dark Chocolate Chips
Just when I thought this recipe couldn’t get any better, I used dark chocolate chips. The cream cheese filling with dark chocolate chips is about the best you can get! I do admit whenever I make this recipe, I ALWAYS cut a piece hot out of the oven…..it might be messy but it is soooooooo good!
Ooey Gooey Squares from KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
This recipe has probably been my most requested and all-time favorite bar cookie for all ages. Best of all, it’s so easy and quick.
Makes 48 squares
1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon water
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1 (16-ounce) box confectioners’ sugar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven 350° F. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, butter, egg, and water until well mixed. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, egg whites, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour this mixture over batter in pan.
4. Bake 40-50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool to room temperature and cut into squares.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 138, Calories from Fat 36%, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 13mg, Sodium 112mg, Carbohydrates 21g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 17g, Protein 2g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
You’ll love ALL my favorite easy, healthier desserts
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016