Organic Spice Boutique
Some people get excited to go into a clothing store but of course, my thrill is in any type of food store. Not as easy to find, is a really cool spice store so when Spicely contacted me and I had the opportunity to venture into an online spice boutique, I was SO EXCITED!!!
Organic Spices plus Gluten Free
In testing my recipes, I always use dried herbs and spices as that’s what most people have in their home so Spicely was a perfect fit for me. Organic and gluten-free are two qualities important to many people in the kitchen! The variety, quality and essence of taste won me over as a Spicely customer. They also have organic chocolates and teas, but truly I am a spice kind of girl. And, there is free shipping with no minimum order!!
Variety and Blends
I especially liked all the unique blends and ethnic spices like Organic Tikka Marsala Seasoning (one of the most popular) that aren’t easy to find sometimes but so fun to cook with. The small amounts of each spice insure each spice is fresh and doesn’t stay in your pantry for years. I see I am going to be addicted to this site as now, I can’t wait to try all their salts: Hickory Smoke, Black Hawaiian, Grey Sea Salt, Sicilian Salt and the list goes on and on. I plan to get their curry, paprika and garlic as these are spices I want the best quality to give my recipes the best flavor.
I can’t wait to use my allspice, cinnamon cloves and nutmeg this fall in so many recipes. One of my favorites, Cranberry Yam Bread, is simple to make as it starts with Bisquick and cream cheese. Talk about fabulous!
Easy Cranberry Yam Bread from Eating Well To Fight Arthritis
Cream cheese gives this incredible, yet easy, bread a rich flavor packed with the natural sweetness of Louisiana yams and a burst of cranberries. It will top your quick bread list. Toss in nus for added flavor and crunch.
Makes 16 slices
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes (yams), drained and mashed
1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1 teaspoon Spicely organic ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Spicely organic ground nutmeg
1 cup dried cranberries, or 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in sweet potatoes and eggs. Stir in biscuit mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, cranberries until just blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
3. Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 189, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 31, Fat (g) 6, Calories from Fat (%) 26, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 37, Sodium (mg) 231 Diabetic Exchanges: 1.5 starch, 0.5 fruit, 1 fat
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016