Make my Homemade Pizza
Nothing beats a homemade pizza and I have lots of recipes in all my cookbooks. Now, make it easy on yourself and start with a premade crust. I sometimes even use the Pillsbury thin crust in the can or buy one made. The best is the whole wheat frozen crust (will have to try to find out the brand). Once you have the crust, the rest is simple to put together for a delicious homemade pizza
Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
Anyway, I was in the mood for sausage and chicken sausage gives the pizza that savory bite combined with the robust flavors of roasted red pepper making this a fabulous pizza recipe. I think of Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook as a fantastic upscale pizza bursting with flavor – easily put together in the comfort of your own home. You can always add your own extra ingredients or go vegetarian by omitting the sausage. Put this recipe on your to-make list for sure!!!
Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Too Hot in the Kitchen
Sausage, roasted red peppers, spinach and mozzarella make this a simple upscale pizza.
Makes 8 slices
1 (12-inch) thin pizza crust
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 ounces chicken sausage or gourmet sausage of choice, cut in thin slices
1/2 cup roasted red pepper slices, drained (found in jar)
1/2 cup red onion thin slices, cut in half
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. Preheat oven 425°F. Coat crust with oil and garlic.
2. In a small nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook sausage until lightly browned and done. Add spinach, stirring only until wilted.
3. Evenly spoon spinach mixture over crust and top with remaining ingredients. Bake 8–10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is done.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 196, Calories from fat 37%, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 19mg, Sodium 412mg, Carbohydrate 21g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g, Protein 11g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
Serving Suggestion: Splurge with fresh mozzarella cheese for an added flavor value. Look for different varieties of sausage from chicken to vegetarian.
Chicken sausage or gourmet sausage (3 ounces)
Thin pizza crust (1 (12-inch))
Roasted red pepper slices (1/2 cup, found in jar)
Fresh baby spinach (2 cups)
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
Seasonings: minced garlic
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- 50 Shades of Red: Romantic Valentine’s Day Recipes - January 23, 2017
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017