Pumpkin Pie with Honey Pecan Topping IS THE BEST!
Looking for that perfect holiday dessert: Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie with Honey Pecan Topping is easy and indulgent!!! My daughter at WashU in St. Louis and her friends prepared a Thanksgiving dinner for 30 people Everyone’s favorite was the Pumpkin Pie with Honey Pecan Topping from Gulf Coast Favorites. You can make your pie from scratch and put this topping on at the end. If you are one of those that doesn’t like to bake desserts, you can pick up a pumpkin pie, pecan pie or your favorite pie and just make the topping, spread on the pie, broil (watch carefully) and now, you have a homemade pie.
I’ve had many people tell me they will never make a pie without this topping: Watch!
Honey Pecan Crunch Topping from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
This fabulous topping is a show-stopper and will quickly win your heart as it quickly turns any pie into “homemade!”
Makes 8-10 servings
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup pecan halves
1. In small pot, combine brown sugar, butter, and honey.
2. Cook over low heat until comes to a boil, stirring. Stir in pecans. Remove from heat.
2. During last 5 minutes of baking, remove pie from oven, spread topping evenly over top. Return to oven, broil until topping is bubbly and golden brown, watching carefully.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 113, Protein (g) 1, Carbohydrate (g) 11, Fat (g) 8, Calories from Fat (%) 64, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 9, Cholesterol (mg) 2, Sodium (mg) 14, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1.5 fat
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016