Quick Chicken Pasta Recipes For Two
I love quick chicken pasta recipes and this creamy chicken pasta is for two people. When I am in the mood to make an easy chicken recipe, I turn to my Tuscan chicken pasta recipe. It is like taking a trip to Tuscany. I continue to get asked about writing a cookbook for two people. I get it as I am an empty nester so we always have leftovers and we like leftovers, do you? Also, we need to cook healthier, so you’l love my healthy chicken pasta recipes in my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at any Age and if you are looking for easy chicken recipes for two people, there is a chapter called Table For Two! I couldn’t wait to share my best chicken pasta recipe for Tuscan Chicken which is a one dish meal, making preparing your dinner one step. One more thing, that’s surely not a necessity but I really like to serve my pasta recipes in pasta bowls as they hold the perfect amount and make this creamy chicken pasta recipe easier to eat. Pasta bowls come in all prices but if you don’t have any that match your dishes, I like the white porcelain pasta bowls
Did you know my quick Chicken Pasta recipes freeze? Freezing food for Two
Cooking for two entails freezing in my eyes. I was excited to devote an entire chapter Table For Two to easy recipes for only two people but you shouldn’t rule out freezing. I love to make my healthy dinner recipes like lasagnas, enchiladas, soups, stews, pizzas….the list goes on to freeze to pull out on those busy nights. Remember to wrap in plastic wrap if possible and freeze properly in freezer zip lock bags or freezer containers. I bet you didn’t know you could freeze this chicken pasta
Tuscan Chicken Pasta from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at any Age.
Who says two people can’t have a power-packed flavorful easy dinner? This is one of those quick chicken pasta recipes you can double to feed more people! Toss with pasta of your choice!
Makes 2 servings
2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon capers, drained
2 tablespoons sliced black or Kalamata olives
1/2 (14-ounce) can artichoke heart quarters, drained
1/3 cup white wine or white cooking wine
2 cups baby spinach
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper, pound each chicken breast until about 1/4-inch thick. Season to taste.
2. In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken breasts on both sides until done, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet to serving platter.
3. In same nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and cook onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, capers, olives, and artichokes, and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Add wine, stirring, and cook until bubbling. Add spinach, cooking until wilted. Return chicken to skillet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Toss with pasta of your choice
Calories 406 Calories from fat 37% Fat 17g Saturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 99mg Sodium 533mg Carbohydrate 15g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 4g Protein 43g Dietary Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Spicy Advice: If a recipe calls for fresh chopped tomatoes, canned chopped tomatoes, drained, may be substituted.
Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Too Hot in the Kitchen. has a chapter Table for Two devoted to recipes for two.
Looking for more quick chicken pasta recipes or easy healthy Italian recipes,you’ll enjoy my healthier approach to all your favorites!! SHOP my cookbook collection using discount code TRIM25 for 25% off on Holly’s website
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017