My Favorite Spice Cake Mix Recipes are my Apple Pie Bars recipe!
I love the fall and I really love spice cake mix recipes! These yummy apple pie bars are the best to get the essence of spice without any effort. I know I can make my Apple Caramel Spice Bars year round but for some reason, I anxiously await for fall to make this recipe. So, get into the fall spirit with this easy-to-make, healthy recipe, mouthwatering treat, in my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook. This apple pie bars recipe is better than an apple pie! Recipes using a spice cake mix simplify homemade cooking. I call it convenience cooking!
Spice Cake Mix Recipes with Apples, Caramel and Oatmeal Make Best Fall Apple Dessert
Apple Caramel Spice Bars, a really fabulous recipe. A cross between an apple crumble pie and spice cake with a touch of cinnamon, creates the perfect apple dessert combo to warm up your taste buds for the season. An easy favorite, for sure!! And, I love recipes using a spice cake mix; talk about simple! Sugar and spice and everything nice.
Special Halloween COOKBOOK DISCOUNT on my website: Enter BOO for 25% off!
Apple Caramel Spice Bars from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
Makes 24 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1 cup fat-free caramel flavored topping
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, combine cake mix and oatmeal. Add egg and butter and blend with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture, add pecans; set aside.
3. Pat remaining mixture into prepared pan, bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and place apples evenly over crust.
4. In small bowl, mix together caramel topping and flour, pour evenly over apples. Sprinkle with remaining pecan crumb mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and sides pull away from edges. Don’t overcook.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 196, Calories from fat (%) 31, Fat (g) 7, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 19, Sodium (mg) 207, Carbohydrate (g) 32, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 18, Protein (g) 2, Diabetic Exchanges: 2 carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat