Stress Free Cooking Is The Only Way to Cook!
Stress free cooking and easy healthy recipes describes my approach for eating healthy! We are all so busy today so I want to simplify cooking! All my cookbooks focus on 30 minute recipes because no one has lots of time to cook! In fact, my healthy cooking blog has so many recipes to help you start cooking healthy! Fifty years ago people spent 40 hours per week in the kitchen, now they are spending less than 4 hours! These days there seems to be less time and more activities so if you find a short cut that works for you, take it! I believe in stress free cooking and if you stick with my recipes, you will see how putting a healthy meal on the table is easy and delicious!
Six Simple Cooking Tips for a Stress Free Kitchen!
1. Have over-ripe bananas? Don’t toss the bananas but instead, freeze to pull out and make banana bread at any time. Freeze with or without peeling in plastic freezer tip-top bags. Try this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread from my cookbook Eating Well To Fight Arthritis (healthy antioxidant recipes) for leftover bananas.
2. Don’t have bare shelves. Think of a well-stocked pantry as a permanent shopping list. It is much easier to cook a home cooked healthy meal when you keep great basics stocked in your pantry – whole grain pastas, canned low sodium veggies, olive oil, spices.
3. When using a slow cooker, don’t leave the top off. Did you know you can lose up to 20 degrees of cooking heat in as little as 2 minutes. A quick peek, may only change the temperature 1-2 degrees.
4. Know your substitutions...need sour cream? Use Greek yogurt instead. For buttermilk—1 cup milk + 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
5. Use correct freezing instructions – always use proper containers and zip-lock freezer plastic bags to keep your dish fresh and free from freezer burn. Don’t fill to the top as food will expand when freezing.
6. Don’t cook everything on high. Almost everything you ever cook will cook more evenly and thoroughly on low or medium. You only need high to sear or brown, or if you’re trying to bring something to a boil.
Stree Free Cooking is what my cookbooks are all about!!!!!!!!
Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or busy? Or if you have a health focused issue or not? Maybe you want to start eating healthier and don’t know how? You are at the right place with my trim & terrific cookbooks. I have tested each recipe and kept them time-efficient and under 30 minutes. Now, you can put a healthy meal on the table for your family with stress free cooking! If you have questions or requests, just let me know!
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe Perks Up with Secret Ingredient Coffee - September 29, 2016
- September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month with Healthy Easy Recipes - September 27, 2016
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016