Soup- er Easy Super Bowl Party Healthy Recipes
What else is better to feed and please a hungry crowd for a Super Bowl party than a Soup-er easy supper?! Entertaining should be fun and easy – and the host should able to enjoy the party too! A hearty and satisfying meal on the table is simple with belly-filling and heart warming soups. One-pot meals are great because they leave easy cleanup, without the hassle of tons of dirty dishes, they feed a crowd and can easily be frozen in batches for making ahead or dinner another day. Wait until you try my winning must-try “soup-er” suppers! To celebrate the Super Bowl, Enter DISCOUNT CODE SUPER25 for 25% off my cookbooks! An offer you can’t refuse
Super Bowl Party Healthy Recipes for Soup-er Menu
An all time favorite with my simple recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup from KITCHEN 101 with rotisserie chicken, corn and a few other ingredients. I love to have a condiment bar so everyone can top with their favorites (avocado, red onion, cheese). Nothing beats or is more popular and easier than my 6 ingredient Quick Shrimp and Corn Soup from Gulf Coast Favorites to include a seafood soup. And, last in my family, always requested is my Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (diabetic-friendly) from my Louisiana cookbook, Gulf Coast Favorites. Make ahead and freeze to pull out for the party.
Tips for an easy Soup-er Bowl party:
- – A soup buffet is the perfect solution to feed a “come and go crowd.”
- – Serve soup simmering on the stove or use crock-pots to keep your soup warm.
- – Have mugs by the soup so guests can eat at their leisure.
- – Freeze soups ahead of time.
Super Bowl Party Healthy Recipes and Shortcuts
Included in my Super Bowl party healthy recipes I always have a few appetizers scattered around and pick up desserts so my time isn’t spent in the kitchen and I lose my place on the sofa.
- – Pick up assorted cheeses and decorate with grapes for appetizers.
- – Make it easy on yourself and pick up a hearty salad with bottled dressing and pick up bread.
- – Go to the bakery for team themed assorted cookies.
- – Take advantage of the time-saving shortcuts that are available these days. Dislike chopping o nions?
- Now you can buy fresh or frozen white and green onions already chopped – no tears required!
- You can also buy cabbage, perfect to throw in that coleslaw.
- – If a recipe calls for chicken, use rotisserie or frozen grilled chicken breasts from the store.
- – Double the recipe and place half in the freezer to pull out when we have the urge.
- – Don’t be afraid to buy a part of a recipe instead of creating it, such as marinara sauce
Super Bowl Party Healthy Recipe for Pomegranate Margarita Martini
No bartenders needed! Serve up this easy-to-make Pomegranate Margarita Martini in a pitcher. Pomegranate and margaritas pair up with a martini for a dose of fun and antioxidants. Be sure to make a big batch as it will surely get polished off!
Pomegranate Margarita Martini from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age
Makes 3 cups
2 cups alcoholic margarita mix
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup lime juice
1. In pitcher, mix together all ingredients. Serve over ice or in martini glass.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 118 Calories from fat 0%, Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 3mg Carbohydrate 24g Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 17g, Protein 0g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
Enter in DISCOUNT CODE SUPER25 on my website for 25% off my cookbooks! An offer you can’t refuse
Here’s more Super Bowl Pary Healthy Appetizers and recipes
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016