This week’s featured recipe on WAFB makes a great Thanksgiving vegetable side dish. This is Broccoli and Pecans with Creamy Horseradish Sauce from my book, trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites which can be found on my website. The dish is a unique combination of familiar ingredients.
Broccoli and Pecans with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Basic broccoli gets a makeover with toasty pecans and a spunky horseradish sauce.
Makes 8 servings
6 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup pecan halves
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
3 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a covered microwave-safe container, microwave broccoli in 1/4 cup water for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Season to taste.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, and horseradish. Pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories from fat 59%
Saturated Fat 1g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Protein 3 g
Diabetic Exchanges 1/2 carbohydrate 1 fat
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016